Here are 5 in no particular order:
1. I am passionate about being genuine and authentic. I work with youth, and in a world where they are thrown fakeness and lies constantly, I value and know that they value authenticity where they can find it. Everything, from Facebook to Instagram to celebrities to whatever promotes wearing a mask and presenting the best or most beautiful version of yourself, not necessarily your true self. So I am passionate about being a genuine person, and hope to be an example in that.
2. I am passionate about animal rights. I absolutely cannot stand violence or injustice or any mistreatment of animals. It makes me sick. If people treat animals, living creatures, that way, how will they treat humans?? Animal abuse is disgusting. Treat animals right, treat people right. Respect all life.
3. I am passionate about being a woman. I am passionate about equality and women's rights. I can't stand feminist hate and blatant sexism because its so backwards and asinine. I am proud of being a strong, intelligent, capable woman and I want to empower other women as well. Some recent issues that have fanned the fire of my feminist views are victim blaming/shaming in rape cases (instead of just telling women not to drink so they don't get raped, lets tell men not rape. Hello!), sexism in the media and politics (absolutely appalling things are said by old white men about any American woman running for political positions), and sexism that promotes violence towards and sexual objectification of women (yes, I am talking about you, Robin Thicke). It disturbs me that this is the norm, and even affirmed by some women! Watch the movie Miss Representation - it will change you life. It infuriated and inspired me at the same time.
4. I am passionate about my faith. I am passionate about loving how my Jesus loved, serving as my Jesus served, and embracing others as my Jesus did. I wish I was as loving, accepting, and compassionate as him. But I have dedicated my life to trying, even though some days I seem to forget.
5. I am passionate about speaking out for and standing up for those who can't do it for themselves. I have been born into a life with privileges that I take for granted that others can only dream of. It is my responsibility now to speak up and show through actions that I am grateful for the privilege and will use my status, however big or small it is, to stand up for them.