Tuesday, January 22, 2008

heath.

so heath ledger died today.
i know he's a celebrity and all but i am sad.
i cried when i found out.
i am still in shock.
he was so young!
with a baby.
and a future.
such a tragic, needless death.
he was such a big part of my teen years.
like what girl didn't have him on her wall?
or dream of him singing to her?
sadness.
i feel like a piece of my growing up has died.
and this makes me sad.
the worst part it that people are mad that i'm upset.
because thousands of people die everyday.
and this is blown out of proportion.
but he was a real person too.
someone's father.
someone's son.
someone's friend.
and that makes me sad.
i think i'll be in shock for a while...
rest soundly, heath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honestly. Why would people be mad? You can feel what you feel, surely, without it being an affront to anyone else. I'm sure you didn't try to organize a memorial service or anything. People need hobbies. That's it. Stamp collecting, or knitting. That would give them too much to think about to be absurdly annoyed. I get how you feel. And I love you, so even if I didn't. . . Oh, well. :) Mommy

Jadis said...

Janna,
My darling, I knew for sure you'd feel exactly how I felt...I didn't cry but I felt very tragic inside. Because he was such a big part of our teenage years and he was so young and so talented. I'm glad I'm not alone (although I actually did phone my sister and she felt tragic inside, too so that was okay).