Friday, May 02, 2008

the feeling of summer.

"it feels like summer."
ever heard that?
i hear people say that all the time, if the sun is shining and the birds are chirping
it feels like summer.
i whole heartedly agree that summer is a feeling, not just a season.
but summer is not just sun tans, beaches, and ice cream.
summer is a feeling.
i'm not talking about warm cars, sandy feet, hot sun kind of feeling.
or lazy day, sleeping in, stress-free kind of feelings.
summer is a feeling deep in my stomach, an uneasiness.
a restlessness of my heart.
summer is an ache, a pain, an upset.
summer is a cold, hurting wave across my entire body.
summer feels like someone is constantly squeezing my heart, tighter and tighter
or like a grown man is sitting on my chest, restricting my breathing.
summer is a physical distress to my body.
i felt it instantly when i pulled into my driveway after dropping terrell off
today and it has gripped me since that moment.
i can't believe i forgot what it felt like.
it just feels like something very essential is missing.
it feels cold no matter how warm the sun is.
summer feels like something is constantly wrong, and that is simply because
you're not here.

3 comments:

Jadis said...

Ahhh, you make me sad! Marry him and then live together or something!

Big Mac mama said...

I second that!!

Anonymous said...

Now you've lost that "summer" feeling. Lucky you!