Saturday, April 16, 2011

pickles


for many, many years, i was obsessed with pickles.

although my love of pickles was exclusively to the dill variety, i lived on them for a lot of my childhood, snacked on them at potlucks, and of course, crammed myself full of as many of my baba's as i could fit inside of my stomach.

pickles got me through studying for exams, gross meals at the caf, and 3 am walks with friends. when we got together, we could easily polish off a big jar, the three of us, no problem!

alas, a few years ago, i lost my love of the pickle.

i still liked pickles as a friend, but i just couldn't eat as many as i used to.

perhaps it was that time i choked on the juice of one at the pancake house...i was really never the same after that.

i passed on them at potlucks. i neglected them because sadly, i think i overdid it for about 19 years.

lately, however, i have been craving pickles SO BADLY. terrell said we were out and i nearly cried. i frantically tore the pantry apart until i found the final jar we had - it was small, with baby dills inside. i polished it off myself in approximately 3 minutes.

we went shopping today and i bought some (i know) because i couldn't possibly wait until the weekend to get more. i didn't eat lunch before we went so i could (what else?) eat pickles for lunch! okay, maybe a grilled cheese sandwich too.

so, i don't know how, i don't know when, but my love returned to me.

this means that i'm either:

a) pregnant

or

b) the pickle fast is officially OVER!


**hint....its b.....


5 comments:

Brynne said...

Look at you starting the rumour mill! Lol.

Mom said...

lol, Janna!

Jadis said...

That is the best post I've ever read-I actually read it to Dave! I love you and your pickle obsessed self, my love!

Just A Girl said...

I was incredibly excited for you for a minute... But yay for pickles too! lol

Mom said...

I love pickles, too, but ever since "the little crumb" incident, I have such a touchy throat that pickles are something I have to eat very carefully.