Monday, June 06, 2005

Best Weekend Ever

Okay so I just had, like, the most amazing weekend ever.
The youth group went to PLBC and cleaned up the camp. So we left on Friday at 4:00, and I was in the vehical w/ Ashley, Leanna, Adrienne, Henk and Brion. Leanna and Beatrice and I talked the whole way there about all this stuff, like drinking and smoking and premarital sex and everything we could think of and discussed the spiritual stuff about it. That was awesome. Then we got there and like, picked out our beds in the cabin. I had all awesome people in mine - Ashley, Adrienne, Allison, Natalie, and Leanna. I was pumped. So we all walked around and hung out, and Allison and I just talked and it was totally awesome to get to know her better, we have so much stuff in comman. So then, like, we had supper, which was fantastic and wonderful and we hung out more, then we had a campfire devotion, at which I gave my testimony. It was scary, but it felt so wonderful after, and like I totally cried and it made Ashley cry. Then everyone came up and hugged me and thanked me. Henk told me it was moving.
So then we went inside and had hot chocolate. It was so hot we all burned our tongues. Henk played the piano for us and it was beautiful. He's so good, (who knew?) and really it was so pretty. Then Leanna and Allison and I hung out, talking about God and everything, and it was so cool to have people want to talk about it. It was bed time, and Leanna sat up in her bunk reading the Bible. Ashley came up to join us, and we just layed there talking (all three of us on a single bed, TOP BUNK, man it was awkward). We laughed like idiots and it was so much fun. After like 3 hours we fell asleep. I woke up at like 5:30 and was so hot and uncomfortable, so I moved down to my bed. Leanna was like "no offence Janna, but THANK GOD." It was funny. Two hours later we were geting up for breakfast. It was pancakes, my favorite.
Then we split into groups and my group did the dishes. After that we went to dig out the volleyball pit. That was awful, the "sand" has turned hard as cement. It was bad. So Henk and I went to clean the tuck shop, and just talked and had some really good coversations about God and stuff. It was so neat to talk to him about it. We just talked for like an hour. After that we went back to the pit and picked weeds out of it. It was fun, Curtis and I buried Kim in the sand. So then we had lunch and had free time until 3:00. So Leanna and I sat in her bunk and talked about our church and all this stuff that we felt and stuff. It was so amazing. We felt the same about so much of it. So like, I changed and got clean and I just hung out with people, it was cool. Curtis and I played volleyball. I love that kid.
Then we drove to Brandon and had free time in the mall. I walked around with Leanna and Ash. I bought mascara. Anyhoo. So I met up with my parents, and the youth group left. I got my pictures developed and they are awesome, so many of me and Carlyle!!! Yay! Anyhoo. So yeah. I looked for grad shoes and couldn't find any. That was sad. Then I bought these beautiful and amazing pink and black airwalks, I love them to death. So we ate and the McDonalds guy hit on me, it was ridiculous. So on Sunday I went to church and we did fuzzy wuzzies in Sunday School. People wrote nice stuff on mine, and Curtis wrote "the greatest ever!" and Ashley wrote "the bestest friend." I was so thrilled I almost peed.
After church we got ready for mom's b-day party (her birthday is today). Then people came over. It was so fun, and the food and the cake was amazing. We sat around and it was awesome. Everyone went for a walk and then Ashley and I had this deep and amazing talk and we sang songs from camp and talked about songs we want to teach the orphans in Africa. It was so fun. Then everyone came back and Henk was soaked cuz he fell in a flooded ditch. It was hilarious. So we talked and ate around the campfire. After the Bakers left, Henk and Kristin and I sat around the fire, talking. Its so sad, I was just watching Henk and memorizing all these things about him, trying to take it all in and put it in a box so I could keep it and remember it always. I almost cried, I'm sad he's leaving. Then she went to bed and we talked out there until 3:00 am about everything. He's never been so open, ever. It was neat to hear him just be open and honest. So yeah, I'm tired, but I sat with Carlyle all band class, it was awesome. I should go, this post is way too long.

1 comment: