Wednesday, September 07, 2005

First Day at Outtatown!

Oh my gosh, what a whirlwind of a day! Got to Winnipeg by 11:30, ate at Mickey D's and got to campus by 12:20. Ash and I were first to register and got our student loans figured out. Then we waited outside for the group photo, which was fun. I had an individual photo, worshiped with every other site (1 & 2) and then headed out to the lawn. Ash and I met Carmyn and said goodbye to our families before jumping in the van. The van ride here was so much fun, Ash and I were in a van full of fun people. There's this guy named Zack who's really funny and great at breaking ice. We sang Black Eyed Peas and Blink 182 on the way here. Then there's this funny girl named Sarah who totally has no fear of talking to new people. I sat with her and Zack, Ash, Carmyn and Leanne at supper and we talked about scars and times we've wounded ourselves. It was totally hilarious and totally fun! After supper we played games outside, just silly fun stuff (most people got winded really easily and we decided to call it "Outtashape" instead of Outtatown). It was fun, but the bugs got bad so we went inside and sat in circle and introduced ourselves to eachother, it was cool. I'm sharing a room with a girl named Alison, and sharing a bathroom with Mae, Nashley, and Janice. They're nice, Nashley is cool and she worked at Madge Lake Bible camp where Cass used to go! I'm having so much fun, the people here are awesome! I'll write a better post later, but its snack time (by the way supper was totally good). Tomorrow breakfast is at 8:30 and classes at 9:00. We have our first speaker tomorrow! I'm excited! We also have "alone time" which will be cool, its just time to spend alone with God. I'm totally pumped. The site leaders rock, I love Charlene (who's like 4'9") and just meeting all these new people! Anyhoo, I'd better go, I love you all!!!!
Love,
Janna :)

8 comments:

cassie trumbley said...

NASHLEY BALI??

PS I LOVE YOU

Brynne said...

I miss you so much already, and you're going to make all kinds of new friends, and you're going to forget all about me and the Gremlin, and I'm so excited for you that you're having such and awesome time, and I am so totally jealous, because I haven't made any friends really, because there are so many people, and you don't know anyone, and it's really tough to just go up to someone and say "Hi!". Wow, I think I'm gonna cry...

PS: I love you too
PPS: The OC was CRAZY!! I can't wait for you to come back so that we can order feta cheese pizzas and have a marathon.

Big Mac mama said...

Hey Jan, I'm so happy you're finding it fun so far. Not that you'd have a hard time meeting people :P What's your schedule going to be like? Where will you be in the next 2-3 weeks? Are you heading out to like Alberta and that for your training, or does that take place in on campus (or wherever you are lol) Be sure to post post post! I love being able to keep up with what everyone's doing :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jerk *Gentaly Shoves the Phat Kid* well its good to here your haveing fun out there, i am on the edge of my seat awaiting your triumphant/abundant return to posting, at which point I can here your rant on Melissa becoming this years canadian Idol. =)

-Naj (the gremlins annoying little brother)

jannafaye said...

Yes, nashley bali!! She's awesome! I just love her she's so pumped for Jesus!
Brynne, I talk about you constantly and how could I ever forget you or the gremlin?
I'm heading to Alberta tomorrow and will hopefully post tuesday or whenever I can...
grrr....Melissa!!! A rant will become believe you me!
I love you all keep safe and have an amazing week!

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's your mom here. It was so wonderful to hear your voice on Saturday, and to hear all your exciting news. We sure hope you have had a good trip today, and that you'll enjoy the next phase of your trip as much as you have the first part. I miss you a lot today - maybe because now I know you're far away???? Keep in touch. Love you lots, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Janna! Aunty Vimy here. I am planning to come visit you when you are in Banff...the first weekend in October if it works for you. Ya know...let me spoil you a bit...cuz it's my job!! If you can, get back to me and let me know if that is okay with you. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Love you lot's and can't wait to see you!

vimy

Anonymous said...

Wow you're popular...