Thursday, December 19, 2013

30 Things Challenge: Week 4

4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.

This is kinda fun, as I was 16 exactly 10 years ago. While I am only a small portion through my life (hopefully) I guess I do have some wisdom to impart on my teenage self.

1. You. Are. NOT. Fat. Seriously! Get that through your thick skull! Dress in a way that flatters your body type and you feel so much better about yourself.

2. You are capable, and smart, and valuable, and will accomplish more than you thought you were capable of someday.

3.  Tell your friends, family and parents how much you love them and how important they are to you. In 10 years from now you will reflect on all they were to you at this time and hope that they know how appreciated they were.

4. Dye your hair blue if you want to. Eventually you'll feel like you're too old to rock cookie monster hair.

5. Stop saying "that's gay" and "that's retarded." Eventually you'll realize that those are not nice or acceptable expressions, and those habits are hard to break!

6. Don't worry about not being kissed yet! When you finally do get your first kiss it will be from the only person you ever kiss or want to kiss. It was worth the wait. :)

7. Your next boyfriend...maybe just don't. Haha. Trust me. He doesn't like girls.

8. Really appreciate being a woman. Do so by standing up for other women. Don't constantly bash female celebrities (difficult, I know) but look for women who are role models who have integrity, intelligence, and are taking steps towards making progress for women. Yeah, you become a feminist.

9. Go sing for Grandpa while he's in the hospital. You'll feel silly at the time but if you don't you'll regret it later (believe me, I know).

10. Keep writing! You're in the hay-day of your blogging and journaling and you'll wish you were still as diligent as you are now later in life. Its fun, embarrassing and weird looking back on things you felt and wrote, but its also a great way to document your life.

PS - Quit saying you're dumb. So many times you say "this is dumb" or "but I'm just dumb" in posts and things but you're not. And its annoying to hear you keep saying that.


1 comment:

Jadis said...

5Perfect, Jan! You've grown into such an amazing woman and I'm proud to know you as your 16 year old self!