Tuesday, January 07, 2014

30 Things Challenge: Week 5

What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?

 1. The thing that makes me the happiest right now is being pregnant!! Its awesome and so so exciting. And totally surreal. Now that the word is out there it almost feels even more surreal for some reason. I love looking down and seeing my growing belly, I love maternity jeans and I love knowing that there is a little person who's a mix of the person I love dearest in the world and myself that I'll get to meet in June!

2. I love being an auntie! My niece is actually so cute I can't even stand it. GAH. Seriously, she is so sweet and I feel sad that we don't get to see her more often. But being with her for so many days in a row at Christmas was the absolute best.

3. I love curling up on the couch and reading a good book. Nothing is better than getting lost in the story line of a book (and staying away from the frigid outdoors, to boot!). On Sunday I said to Terrell, "I just want to go home and read my book!" which is always the best. Currently I am reading the second book in Veronica Roth's Divergent series and I am enjoying the quick read.

4. I have some really awesome girl friends. I don't always have time to get together with them, but lately I've had a bunch of lady dates and they have been delightful and make me realize how blessed I am to have so many awesome women in my life! I hope that they (near, far, wher-EVER they are!) know how fabulous they are and how much I love them and they make me happy!

5. I love seeing my husband be excited for our baby. I see this in the way he smiles at my belly, diligently reads through baby name and pregnancy books, cooks meals while I'm napping, takes on work projects solo when I'm too tired to help, puts up with my strange and irregular eating habits, and drives me to my doctor appointments. He's basically the best.

...and for your viewing pleasure, my 15 week bump! 
Carrying high - yay heartburn!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay happy things! I agree with all of yours, though it's a good thing I'm severely lacking in the girlfriend department.

Jody said...

Lovely post! So much to be happy about these days! Love ya.

Jadis said...

As one of the girlfriends, I say 'thank you' and btw, lovely bump...I didn't show until forever and then I was HUGE. I think you look awesome!