Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Canadian Idol - Week 2

Okay, so last week I was off a bit on the bottom three, but Emily was eliminated, as I predicted. Whoo! So here I am again to dis…I mean, to critique tonight’s performances.
Casey started the show off with a yawn, singing pretty well, but just not great. That’s the weird thing with her – she’s good but just not good enough. She’s too cute though. Next was Josh, who just did what he does. It was funny, I enjoyed the dancing. He really needs to shave, though. Ashley attempted to growl her way through a song and hide her missed notes (as in all of them) by spinning the entire performance. Hey, the Pee Wee-ness seems to work for Suzi. Didn’t work so well for her though. Of course the judges loved it, I mean she’s got a meaner growl than Sass Jordan, so she was probably feeling intimidated. Daryl decided to act like a star and walked out confidently, not like he was about to dodge tomatoes. He was awesome! He sang so well and loosened up a lot, I feel so proud of him! Plus he sang “Superstition” which is always a good time. I know I said it last week, but I’ll say it again: I. LOVE. REX. That’s pretty much all there is to it, he sang like a cool tough guy. I had no idea that the song “Gansta’s Paradise” sampled a Stevie Wonder song! I know I’m slightly biased, because she was born in Manitoba, but Amber is so wonderful, its getting to the point that I just have to look at her and get chills. She should win, I really want her up there. Brilliant. Ooh, and I lose all respect for Melissa but brutalizing the song that she sang tonight. It was putridly awful. She can’t hold on much longer. Aaron did so well. The thing that’s different about him in comparison to most of the other competitors is that he does the same stuff they do, only he actually hits the notes. He’s got some mad talent. Suzi continues to compete for Pee Wee Idol this week, singing that song from “Center Stage”. She copies Ashley and tries spinning to hide her bad notes. Perhaps all the competitors should start spinning, the judges really seem to like that.
It was all around a pretty enjoyable show, with all the people I like doing well, and all the people I don’t doing whatever it is they do.
The bottom three? Melissa, Ashley, Casey. AND ASHLEY GOES.

P.S. Hey if she leaves then Suzi can officially be crowned the winner of the first Pee Wee Idol!

No comments: