Wednesday, November 08, 2006

An Awfully Big Adventure

So I was thinking about the movie Peter Pan (the 2003 version, if you haven't seen it go watch it immediately b/c it is beautiful and moving) and about the one line Peter says:
"To live would be an awfully big adventure."
I was dwelling on this while brushing my teeth. Living is an awfully big adventure! How many small risks do we take a day? Something as simple as sitting beside someone new in the caf or speaking up in class, to something as huge as changing career paths or telling someone how you really feel about them. I've just been thinking about my life, my adventure and where I am today compared to where I was even three months ago. People I am a university student - a difficult and sometimes overwhelming job, but also a satisfying and rewarding experience. I am a singer, a worship leader. I am a prayer warrior. I have friends, and we do fun things like have OC marathons or go bowling, and then pray for each other and have meaningful talks. I am in love, perhaps one of my greater adventures. What a funny thing, feeling as though you absolutely cannot live without another person in your life, and having them feel the same for you. And constantly looking towards the future together...it blows my mind. It rocks me somewhat that I am in my Britney Spears faze - "not a girl but not yet a woman." I cannot believe I just quoted that song, I am a loser. But yeah, I am in the point in my life where I'm not too old to do a whole lot and I'm not too young to do a whole lot. Where is this post going? What was the point of it again? Oh right, adventure. My life is crazy, and I can't believe its mine. Thank you for being a part of it.
Sorry for this random outburst of word-vomit.

5 comments:

Allison said...

i love that movie!! and i totally agree with that quote!! lol yea second snow day in a row!!! actually i'm not excited at all

jannafaye said...

sweet. i wish we had snow days at uni! :(

Brynne said...

That was an awesome post. Totally the most pleasant word vomit I've ever experienced.

Anonymous said...

i'm only too joyful and happy to be a part of it ;)

Big Mac mama said...

I agree, I vote that the most uplifting word vomit we've seen in a while .