Friday, November 10, 2006

Poppies, Measles and Eyebrows

Today Aicha told me she liked my pin.
I said, "my poppy?"
And she said, "your what?"
And I then realised that not everyone knows what a poppy is. I guess it makes sense because she grew up in Africa and then moved to the States, but still. I never thought that someone wouldn't know what a poppy is. Wierd.
So I think Bakes has the measles - well I don't know what she's got but I like to call her Measles all the same.
Never pluck your eye brows when you first wake up - oh my word mine are now awful. Like awful - oh my word. Well I think so anyways.
Brynne just texted me and it scared me so bad I bit my tongue!
EDIT: GUESS WHO I JUST SAW? At choir practise? Ruth Wiwchar, my amazing conductor from WMYC and she remembered me, hugged me, and sang with me!!! I love her, it made my entire day!

6 comments:

Brynne said...

So sweet, so beautiful.
Everyday like a queen on her throne.
Don't nobody knows how she feels,
Aicha lady one day you'll be real.
She moves she moves like a breeze,
I swear I can't get her out of my dreams.
To have her shining right here by my side,
I'd sacrifice all the tears in my eyes.
Woo Woo Wooooo
Aicha, Aicha, passing my by
There she goes again
Aicha,Aicha, my my my
Ooooh...
Aicha, Aicha, smile for me now,
I don't know, I don't know

Aicha in my life.

Brynne said...

I totally know what you mean about how the not everyone knowing what a poppy is thing. It seems so normal to us. I don't want the measles. Maybe Bakes can't come with us for poutine.

I apologize for my first response. But it had to come out. Nothing could stop it. I couldn't actually remember all the words, I had to go watch it. But I could still do the dance.

Sorry about your tongue.

Big Mac mama said...

hahahah Brynne I love it.

Anonymous said...

What makes you think Ashley has measles? I never thought of anyone not knowing about the poppy thing. Your poor eyebrows! :)And SO COOL seeing/hugging/singing with Ruth Wiwchar!!! What did she say when she saw you?

jannafaye said...

well i looked at her and i was like, ruth? and she was like, yes, and I said, I was in wmyc when you conducted it!!! and she was like, yes you were!! and you were an alto two, and you had shorter hair than you do now - it was orange. I was like, yeah, that was me! and she was like it is so good to see you!! afterwards we talked about some of the songs we sang, and she asked me about school and OT, etc. It was sweet! man that was great.

and i think bakes has the measles bc she is covered and i mean covered in itchy red bumps - you should see her back. and they are all over her face, arms, stomach, chest, legs, everywhere!

Brynne said...

And your eyebrows totally aren't as bad as you seem to think they turned out.