Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hear No Evil

Ok, so on the way home from Ashley's there was absolutely nothing on the radio. Nothing! All crappy weird songs, so I was flipping through different stations trying to find something worth-while to listen to. All of a sudden the dial stops.
And it stops on 101.1 THE FARM.
At first, I gasp. I hold in a scream. Since Hot 101 became "Slop 1o1", a country station, I have refused to listen to it. And there it was, playing in my car.
Thank God no song was on, but what I heard was almost worse. The DJ, taking a call from a listener. A young girl complaining that her dad still thinks of her as a baby, even though she's in grade six. The DJ responds.
With a forced southern accent.
I am not fibbing, this is complete truth. She says, "Well you have a good night there, li'l darlin'" and continues to introduce the song with one of the worst accents I've ever heard.
This is why I hate country music. See what it does to people's minds? This poor woman thought she was from a southern state, not Western Manitoba! Its sick what it does to people, really. In my opinion that is just another reason for it to be outlawed.
Goodness, now I sound like a cowgirl. Its already poisening my mind...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! (Sorry for the cowgirl expression - it's your post!) Strong words there, li'l darlin'! I'm a li'l concerned about yo' trip to the deep south of Ontario, now. Ya'll know how much they love their country music there!

Anonymous said...

Well thar li'l lady I reckon we's is gonna be listnin to some mighty fine country music when youse is down here fer yer lil visit. I can hardly wait fer'al that rip roarin good times we'se is gonna have. I reckon this hatred of country music might come in between the two-a-us. We'se is DONE!! nah jus kiddin!!

jannafaye said...

Ha ha, you're both too hilarious.