Friday, June 02, 2006

Love, Actually.

Did you ever think about being in love? Or even just love for that matter? I mean, what it really means and what its like? I'm sure everyone has, but today after watching a video my friend Al made me, I was thinking about what love actually means to me.
1. As someone quite self-critical, especially about looks, its quite the thing to look at yourself and be like, 'I don't love this, but someone else does." And then you have to think, 'well why don't I love me if someone else does?' and it just gets quite silly and you basically have to just get over yourself.
2. I love people VERY easily. Its just my nature, to love people. So when I love someone, I'm hardcore about it. I want to be with people I love all the time, I want to tell them how much and why I love them (I think everyone deserves that, no?). I love things like their smile, or their laugh. Their forearms. Their little quirks. I love just being surrounded by people I love. Now turn all that around. What? Someone out there also feels the same way about me? All those feelings and emotions that are so real and deeply rooted within me are felt by someone else, towards me? Whatever! It blows my mind. I can hardly believe that.
3. Now this is the real kicker. Take how you feel about the one you love and times it by 10 billion. Thats how God feels about you. No matter what you do, or don't do, how you look, or how much or how little you love Him, He loves you more than you could ever imagine - and thats the real mind blowing thing about love.

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. "
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 comments:

Jadis said...

Great post, my dear, and by the by, I'm glad you got the video. I can only assume that you enjoyed it. I love you muchly

jannafaye said...

The movie is AMAZING! I somehow laughed and cried through the entire thing. Amazing, I can't believe someone loved me enough to make it - its like my life in a video. Makes me happy. Thanks, babe! It was great to talk to you today, we'll do it soon. :)