Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Kalan Story

OH MY GOSH.
Tonight I saw, heard, touched, MET AND TOOK A PICTURE WITH KALAN PORTER!!!
I could seriously die! The whole thing seems so unreal right now!!! Like it hasn't totally sunk in yet, I want to see my pictures so maybe I'll believe it. HOLY CRAP THIS IS CRAZY!
So Brynne, Ireen, Ashley and I went to Brandon (even though the highways were closed, lol) and hung out at the mall a bit. I got Drive Me Crazy and The Babysitter's Club on DVD! I'm pumped! Then we went to the Westman Auditorium, it was around 7:30. We got Kalan shirts and pictures, it said Amanda Stott was giving autographs but nothing on Kalan, so we were sad. Then we went in, it was PACKED. I'm serious. So many girls, of all ages! Little girls and moms and even some grandma's! It was hilarious. Anyways, I was wetting myself and feeling totally nauseated. It was crazy. Then Amanda Stott came out. WOW. What a voice! Its totally sad, she had 10 thousand times more talent than Kelly Clarkson, but she's like hardley famous at all. She's unbelieveable, and completely inspiring. I bought her CD! And got a picture with her. She actually almost made me weep, her voice just moved me.
So after her set, and an autograph and picture with her later, I was back in my seat, feeling ill. Maria was two rows ahead of me, and was like "see that guy up there? Is that Kalan?" I looked up and it totally was! I was like, waving, and he was smiling and waving back. Then the lights went off. Everyone was screaming and I was freaking right out. It seemed like 5 minutes before I could hear this sound...and saw this guy with a violin walk out in a black coat with the collar all turned up. Oh wow. He started playing, it was amazing. Everyone was screaming, and the lights were purple! Then, after the Prelude, he turned his back, and his band rushed out. He whipped around and started "She's So Dangerous."
I was numb, I didn't know what to do. So I cheered. Then I started bawling my head off. I was so overhelmed, that he was real, and there, and singing, and he was so REAL. I mean he was a living breathing real person, not just a face on TV. Ireen laughed at me as I cried until the end of the song. Then he sang "And We Drive" and I wanted to die. I LOVE THAT SONG. Then he was like, "Hey Brandon" and there was more screaming. I was zooming in on my camera and taking pictures. He sang "I Don't Wanna Miss You", and my word, it was lovely. I mean that kid can sing. Like sure, he's an absolute cutey, but when it comes down to it, he is TALENTED. He sang "Single" and finally people got up and started dancing. After the song the skanky old man in charge told us to sit down. Then he sang "Old Man" and Ireen sang along, too cute. It was beautiful. Then Kalan told us to stand up! Ha ha! It was awesome. He kept singing and it was amazing, I was just screaming and Brynne and I were freaking out.
I got up and went to the side to take some pictures up close. I mean I got some great ones. He was so close, I could see the amazing blue of his eyes. And he smiled too! It was amazing! He played his violin so much too! Wow. I went and sat down again and Brynne and I got up to polka during one of his solos, but then we just joined the pit. I wanted to get touched SO bad. Then he left and came back out with a cowboy hat on. I admit, it was hot. Maria joined us in the pit. Then he did "The Devil Came Down to Georgia." It was awesome. Then he sang "Awake in a Dream" and changed it so it was all rock-y, it was amazing. Then he left. I was sad, I so thought it was over. But he came back out and sang songs he sang on Idol, like "House of the Rising Sun", "Long Train Runnin", "Nature Boy", and "Born to Be Wild."
OH MY GOSH. During Long Train Runnin', he was running around touching fingers with people, and I reached...and he GRABBED my hand. I mean he was just wiggling fingers, but he grabbed my right hand. I almost puked. I was screaming and freaking, and I pointed at my hand at Ashley and Ireen, and they laughed. It was unreal. Then I cried again (tool). He sang the last two songs, then had a huge instrumental solo with his band. He waved, bowed, let some people touch his hair, and left. I was sad, wired, pumped and in shock!
Brynne and I decided last Friday we were going out to his bus. Well lots of other people had the same idea. So we waited (Ashley wouldn't come, that bum) and waited. I felt so bad. I mean the poor kid just wants to relax, you know? And he's hounded by fans. But yeah, I waited and couldn't believe he was right there. Then...I got up there. I gave him my sheet to sign and he said, "Hi, how are you?" And I blurted, "God bless you! That was good." And he was like, "wow, thank you." And then I asked for a picture, and he said sure, and I put my arm around him, and he put his arm around me, and Brynne jumped in beside me (you're forgiven) and Ireen took it. I don't even think I blinked. Then I said thanks and danced away.
I MET HIM! I TOUCHED HIM! HE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT I EXIST! And I have a picture to prove it!! (Please God, let it turn out!)
It still doesn't seem real. I'm flying so high right now. Wow oh wow. I don't even know what to say. Tomorrow I will be in the biggest FUNK ever.
Some things bugged me a little however. Nothing about Kalan, just some of the fans. I mean its like some girls know nothing about him. So many kept yelling "you're hot" and were dressed so skimpy. I was like, he doesn't appreciate that. He loves Jesus. He appreciates your support, but he wants you to love his music, too. I mean some girls had a sign that said "come over sometime, I have a double bed." I think he'll be discusted by that, not impressed. It made me sad, and made me realize that I should just keep praying for him, he needs our prayers. So all of you reading this, say a little prayer for Kalan that he won't stray and will draw close to God, and let Him guide him and be his strength. He needs that to stay grounded, to stay...Kalan. I believe thats what makes him so great - his heart.
God bless Kalan Porter, may he continue to make great music, sing well, stay healthy and stay humbled by God's awesome presence in his life. I love you, Kalan. I'm praying for you.

3 comments:

Brynne said...

AMEN!!
Holy poop, last night was so freaking amazing!! Skiing today was fun too!

Brynne said...

POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!

Luv ya!

Brynne said...

POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!
POST THE PIC!!!!!!!!

Luv ya!