Sunday, May 14, 2006

I Love Old People

~ HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOMMY! YOU'RE THE BEST!~

Wow, its been forever! I kinda suck at keeping up to this thing, my summer must be starting to get busy. Well not too much to report on, I'm sure I'm keeping Caryn as bored as possible b/c there's not a whole lot to do in Strath, plus I'm working and all that, but yeah. We've watched a sufficient amount of TV this week, its been grand. I've introduced her to so many shows, like Amazing Race, Lost, and AI. She gets all into it, I love it. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that BJ and Tyler win the Amazing Race, they're the best!
Friday was the best day ever. It was Manitoba's 136 Birthday and I had to celebrate it for work. So I went to SLS and did a MB Music Challenge, and it was so sweet! I loved that! Then I had lunch in Strath at the school's Multicultural Day. That meant perogies, peroshky and melktert! Then I sang what I know of the SA National Anthem, and everyone stood up and all the little kids had their fists in the air, it was sweet. Caryn and Ash both refused to sing with me, those bums.
Later that day, Caryn, Brynne, Ashley, Curtis, Leanna and I went around to all the seniors in town and delivered the left over melkterts to them (my mom made like 8 dozen too many). It was so fun! I love old people, they are so entertaining and endearing. I love small towns, that we can deliver home made things to almost the entire senior population in 1 hour. Or just go into their houses and leave them on the counter...I love it! Then we gathered at my house and ate the left over tarts and watched "Chicken Little", the funniest movie ever. Then Kaitlan and Erica showed up and we watched "Bring it On" and talked passionately about how the Clovers were NOT better, I'm sorry but it rips me everytime the Toros lose b/c they are so superior, even a dummy could tell you that - if you wanna challenge me on that go ahead. By that point in the evening I felt like death I was so tired so everyone left and I went to bed.
The next day Caryn and I watched "From Justin to Kelly" which is so bad its enjoyable, I love that movie! After eating supper we went to Leanna's and watched "The Cutting Edge" which is a splendid early 90s movie about a hockey player becoming a figure skater - its so good! Man! Then we went to Leanna's room and talked for hours about girl and God stuff, it was phenominal, and her 6 wk old kitten fell asleep against me, she's so cute! We got home around 1:00.
Today was church, a mother's day potluck, and then a trip to my Baba's. Tonight we're having a funny supper (usually popcorn and deep fried things, lol) and watching a movie. Yes, another one. I realised in this post that I watch way to many movies...

2 comments:

Brynne said...

Hey hey hey! Wait a minute. Movies rock. No such thing as too many.

Big Mac mama said...

I must agree, movies rock, as do small towns loaded with cute seniors.