Monday, May 08, 2006

The Ups and Downs of My Wkd

Good news first:
1. I finally unpacked my Outtatown bags (I know, I know) and it was cool to go through all my stuff and I found a few cute notes and things - and a lot of candy! Like a half eaten Tempo...I ate the rest.
2. I slept in - until 9:30! Whoo!
3. It was such a gloriously summery day out yesterday! It reminded me of that day that Cass and I finished exams in grade 11 and then ate popsicles on the picnic table downtown. That was the best ever!
4. Terrell called me! Thats always exciting!
5. Mom and I looked at flights and set a tentative date for me to go out to Leamington, I am super pumped. All I need to do is comfirm it w/ my boss. I am so freaking excited its ridic! 48 days...
6. I made brownies and they were really good. I love baking!
7. People came over! I did something social! :)
8. Brynne and I went on an incredibly sweet walk last night. We left at like, midnight, and got back around 3:00 am, it was so amazing. We went to the playground and scared drunk ppl and then walked out into the country for miles, then layed in the middle of the highway. The sky was incredible, and I broke in my new flip flops! We layed on top of the water plant and looked at the sky, and plus the entire time we talked about anything and everything, it was great to hear her heart and have her hear mine - man that was the sweetest thing ever!
9. I was asked to sing in church today - Fairest Lord Jesus. I sang it with my Pastor and his son Mike, who rocks my socks. Afterwards Sarah's mom told me what a great ministry that is - now I feel more at peace about taking some music courses at CMU.
10. CARYN IS COMING OUT TO SEE ME FOR TWO WEEKS! She gets here tuesday, I could almost puke I am so pumped! Oh my gosh! And Zach will hopefully come out, and bring some other Winnipeggers out w/ him, and you can camp in my yard and we can have a weiner roast - I am so pumped!
11. I played my guitar outside on my porch swing b/c it was such a nice day. I love it!
12. My skin looks so much better! I just showered and it hardly freaked out.
13. I am wearing my favorite pants.
14. I am going to bed after this. :)

Bad news:
1. Unpacking made everything seem so final, and made me miss my community and Africa like you would NOT believe!
2. Ah, I miss Cass! Holy crap!
3. My fingers are super burned from my guitar strings...it hurts.
4. Henk isn't coming home. That makes me so sad, I miss him like a crazy fool. :(
5. So last night one of my dad's friends was over, and I was in the kitchen cutting up the brownies to serve to my friends, and he says to me "Did you gain weight in Africa?" and I said, "Yes I did." And he replied, "Yeah, I could tell." I brushed it off, but it still stung. I wish I had the energy to work out. I will soon enough, thats always been in the plan...

4 comments:

Brynne said...

Don't forget the hole in your pretty green flip flops.

Next time, I am so bringing runners, just in case.

I checked out the price for a gym membership. It's $40 for a month, and $10 for the keycard, but that's a one time thing (unless you lose it)

Yay for people camping. And meeting people.

I need a job.

Big Mac mama said...

1)Don't sweat the weight gain, Janna, I think you're beautiful :)
2)I miss the watertower! It was actually my private retreat, I used to always go there to write poems or pray and stuff.
3)To replace your broken sandals, check out Ardenes, they're having a grand opening sale-2 pairs for 8 bucks, and a lot of them are very janna flipflops. :D

jannafaye said...

Sarah, you're pretty much the best. :)
We should definitly hang out at the water tower next time you come home...if you EVER come home, lol! Next time I'm in the city I'll pop in to say hello for sure!

Big Mac mama said...

Fer sure! Goodness knows we cross paths little enough. We should plan a day, I could take you on a tour of Brandon like never before :P