Sunday, August 06, 2006

"Uh, Your Food's Ready"

Yesterday was SO FUNNY. Brynne came over and we watched So You Think You Can Dance (yep, I taped it) and it was grand. Then we started watching this CD she burnt me of music videos/performances of two of my favorite males, Kalan Porter and Clay Aiken, plus Hanson and the BSB. That was like a total blast from the past and so much fun! Henk came over during this, and definitely made snyde remarks etc during.
My parents left. After the DVD was done, we watched footage of us in grade 10 at Festival de Voyageur. It was super embarassing and funny. Then we sat and talked until we decided we wanted ice cream.
On the way to get ice cream I realised that Henk's upper arm is ticklish. What is that? I mean who has ticklish shoulders? It was so funny, I definitely milked that knowledge for all its worth. When we got to Hamiota for ice cream, I could see the girl working at the drive inn was looking out the window for some people who've ordered. So I said to her, "Do you want me tell them their food is ready?" She's like, "yeah, the guy and girl in a truck." So I thought, you know, random act of kindness, easy enough to do. Sincerely, AS I walk over to them, the girl leans in and...making out ensues!
So, at this point, I'm standing outside the window, looking in at whats going on. So I turn around, and look at Henk and Brynne who mildly disturbed and mostly entertained. The pentecostal minister and his wife looked mildly horrified. I didn't know what to do, so I turned around and with my back to them tapped on the glass. The girl pulled away really fast and slapped her hand over her mouth. I was like, "uh, your food's ready." And then I walked away dying laughing. He got out of the car, avaoided eye contact with all of us and mumbled thanks. Then he and Sugar Lips peeled out of there, me howling with laughter on the side walk. Man that was great.
Then we walked around town a bit, but it was actually really cold. Leanna's boyfriend Doug drove by us and stopped to chat for a bit. Then we got back in Henk's truck and onward to Lagoonville, where we hung out at my Baba's and chatted with my Aunty Vimy. It was pretty much the awesomest day ever.

3 comments:

Brynne said...

Lagoonville? How dare you!

Jadis said...

Ah, I can picture it now....how I love you

Big Mac mama said...

Janna, you're dorktastic.