Monday, August 21, 2006

Worn Out

So, VBS is done and life can continue as normal. Well, seeing as I only have 2 weeks exactly until I move into res, normal will be a little different than usual. My sister came home today, and my brother has two days off so he's here too. Its nice to have people home again.
VBS was great - I feel really blessed to have been a part of it. I love the kids, their eagerness and innocence. I mean there was this one kid, a boy from my class, and he was autistic. He was so great, to see him doing his interpretations to the actions to all the songs. It was something really beautiful to see, and I was totally moved and blessed by his presence at VBS.
Still recooperating from VBS. On the final day, which went really well by the way, Brynne and I went to Brandon to see the late show of Step Up with Sarah. SO FUN. And also very enjoyable the second time. Then we went to Sarah's house and spent the night. After hours of head banging, laughing, and girl talk we hit the sack. I was exhausted! Wow. I slept in until around 10:30, and we had breakfast and played with her dog. Next to Walmart, where fireman, pictures and Starbucks greeted us. That night when we got home we dug around in my play room and found all my Polly Pockets (!) and Barbies. It was excellent, we played with them with my mom.
Sunday night was equally fun and tiring, going to Bakes' and eating, socializing and staying up way to late with people I love to be around. The best part was talking around the camp fire, just sitting on the grass. I liked hearing Doug's stories and Joshua as always was entertaining. I got home around 2:00 am last night and am pooped today. But fun times!
And then today Caryn called me!! It made me so happy to talk to her! I am so excited to see her in like 2 weeks!
In closing, I would like to wish a huge happy birthday to my boy, Terrell! Have an excellent day! Do you feel any older? :) And I get to see you in one week today. Thats happy.

5 comments:

Big Mac mama said...

One week from today, Janna. Can you handle it. CAN YOU?!?

Sorry. In a weird mood.

Jadis said...

Oh Sarah, my dear, how I miss the weirdness.
And Janna, how I miss the randomness of playing with polly pockets and barbies.
Oh, by the way, Terrell, happy b-day.

Brynne said...

How does he even find it?

Kathen said...

Janna, why does your blog play music? Is it your dance video clips? I used to have a music player, on my old blog, but it was very visible. I would like to blindside people with my music on my blog! Hee hee.

Kathen said...

Janna, why does your blog play music? Is it your dance video clips? I used to have a music player, on my old blog, but it was very visible. I would like to blindside people with my music on my blog! Hee hee.