Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cycles

So lately all my school work has been about cycles:
In Bib Lit, we disuss the sin cycle in one of our textbooks.
In Bio, cellular respiration.
In choir we sing the same 3 songs over and over again.
In Psych we discuss sleep cycles. Who knew that we have four stages of sleep, and the average person goes through them in 90 minutes? And how you feel when you wake up is based on which cycle of sleep you woke up in. So when you nap for an hour, you can still feel tired because you woke up in your third or fourth cycle (the heavier ones). But when you nap for 3 hours, you'll feel refreshed. So last night I tested it. I stayed up an hour later then I would've liked to in order to sleep for around six hours so I'd wake up in the beginning of a cycle so it'd be easier to get up. Totally works. I am a little tired, but generally my energy has been a lot better today. I feel good. So rock on with the sleep cycle! Whoo!
EDIT: Terrell just came and said that we have a ride to choir practise tonight, so we're gonna be in the choir at the Franklin Graham festival this weekend! I am so excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're in the choir! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad i just got a review of psych. Sleep in a nut shell!

Brynne said...

Cellular respiration is evil.

I like sleep.

Jadis said...

I don't mind cellular respiration but I do enjoy sleep cycles more. Hoorah. And by the by, congrats Jan! We love you!