Monday, December 19, 2005

Joy to the World!

So today has been cool...church in the am, and guess who was there?? HENK! Whoo! Made my whole day, seeing that kid! And he seemed pretty pumped to see me as well, which made it even better. He looks great! And yeah, it was amazing to see him, and he's coming over this week, I am so excited! Man I missed that guy!
Then I went to Baba's and decorated cookies with the sibs. Thats sweet, I mean thats a tradition that we've done since I was like, two years old. I love that we still do that. It was fun, and very messy (I dropped an iced cookie on myself, it was all over me!). And we had supper there as well.
Then we had the carol service at church...lets not talk about it...and the fellowship after it was thoroughly enjoyable! I talked with Matthew, and sang in Ukranian with Kristin, oh what a time! Plus Kaitlan gave me her vest ("I saw Elizabeth..." lol) which is brilliant! I am so happy and wearing it as we speak. After chatting with them (and Henk again!) I went home, we put on some carols and finished decorating the Christmas tree! That was fun, I love that part about Christmas because each ornament has a memory and we have a few good laughs every year.
Then - now this is the important part - I talked to my uncle on the phone, and guess what? HE'S GETTING ME A GUITAR! That's right, ladies and gents, by December 25 I should have my very own acoustic guitar! Yay! I am so beyond pumped right now! I'm going to pay him back, but STILL! And he said that his friend as the music store likes to swing him some pretty sweet deals...
So yup, thats pretty much that, sorry this is so poorly written. My journalism skills have completely dissappeared. How sad. Like my cheesey Christmas title? Love it! Laters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

janna, you're in the newsletter! i was very excited to see that... yours was so good!

Big Mac mama said...

Then we had the carol service at church...lets not talk about it...

Was it bad or what?

Anonymous said...

congrats on the guitar!!! we should learn more 2nd semester!

-alison