Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sweet Action

So today started off crappy...I woke up with something in my eye. Still haven't gotten it out yet, but it hurt like a mofo! So I spent all of Anabaptist Beginnings crying, finally leaving the room to dig around my eye in the bathroom. My prof came out looking for me and asked me if I was okay, so I had to explain and felt dumb!
After class was sweet though! I played badminton with Caryn, Terrell and Mae. It was SO FUN! And painful, who knew I had those muscles? I hope to play again (maybe every Tuesday and Thursday?). I was nervous cuz I haven't played since gym in like grade 10, but I wasn't terrible. It was a fun workout and I really enjoyed getting some agression out on the birdie - and Mae apparently. I hit her in the face with it when I smashed it like 3 times. She must think I have a personal vendetta against her. Really Mae, I love you!
Then choir and computer apps, my eye is still driving me crazy. Especially when I lay down and close it...sleeping should be an adventure.
Well off to the books and hopefully some eye drops. Baker you rock my socks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep an eye on that eye, Jan (no pun intended!). If it still bothers you in the morning, you should get it checked. OK? Just your momma giving orders again! Momma worries. . . :)

Brynne said...

Do you have access to an eye wash cup? Those things rock socks all over the place. If you're planning on getting stuff in your eye on a regular basis, it would be a good idea to invest in one. We have one back in SL...before I had contacts, that thing was my best friend. Now my contacts are usually the problem, so I just take them out and rinse them. But it's hard to do that with your eyeballs.

And yes, badminton works muscles that I think most of mankind has forgotten even exist.

Anonymous said...

How's the eye? Enqu(eye)ring minds want to know!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.