Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Forgotten Music

Okay, so we happen to have a bunch of crappy '90s band on our computer. I totally listen to them tout les temps! Its a little sad really. Some of them aren't that bad, or at least they're cheesily enjoyable. So here's a shout out to some 90s bands that have become...forgotten music.

B44
Does anyone remember these guys? They sang "Get Down" and "Go-Go" which are totally fun and absolutely retarded songs. The harmony just SCREAMS boy band! Its so funny, it reminds me of grade 7, back when these guys were new. They were totally not really popular then...I like them. They make me laugh.

BBMak
Something about the B bands that caused them to die off or something...these guys are so cute! They're from the UK, so they were a typical boy band. Only with 3 members. The words hardly make sense, but the song "Ghost" is sung so beautifully, who even cares? And they sang "Out of My Heart" too. I think it was on a movie, cause I remember the video. No wait, that was "Still on Your Side." Okay so they had more singles than I remembered. But they're totally cute, and pretty talented. I wonder what ever happened to them?

Vertical Horizon
This band is like the definition of 2000. They were one of the first bands on the brand new radio station 94.7 STAR FM! Thats funny! I remember listening to them on the way back from the grade 7 field trip. They were actually good! I love the song "You're a God" its so awesome and catchy. And "Everything You Want" was huge in Westman for so long! I seriously really wonder where they are now...I really liked them! They still totally rock in my book. Their music should not be forgotten!

Other memorable bands and/or singers: Toni Braxton (who sang "He wasn't man enough for me"...if you listen to her deep voice you might take a stab at why!), Wide Mouth Mason ("Change"), Smashing Pumpkins (oh wow now thats an old one!), Shawn Mullins ("Lullaby" that was so not a song, he just said the verses...), Lifehouse ("Hanging By A Moment" was huge...I always got them confused with...), The Calling ("Wherever You Will Go"), Craig David (what a tool, I hated that "Fill Me In" song so much, almost as much as "7 Days"), Amanda Marshall ("Shades of Grey" was my favorite song for ever! Now I don't like her), Wave (what a sad sad excuse for a band...although I did see them in concert and met them too. I still say "Don't Say Sarah" killed their "career"!) And so many more, but I'm outta time and energy to type them out!

1 comment:

Kathen said...

You kids are so-o-o-o lucky 'cause Star FM has gone to a format that's almost like BOB FM in Wpg ("The Best of The Eighties, Nineties, and...Whatever!)
It's like half "Retro", and old codgers like me (I shouldn't call myself a "codger"!), I mean, garrulous old coots like me are lovin' it!

Phatty, if Nargus is there, have fun with the code! You'll feel deliciously geeky. Google html and there's also some great help.