Monday, January 31, 2005

Goodbye! I'll Miss You!

Well this is basically a post to say that I will most likely be unable to post for the next 2 weeks. Life is carzy right now, with exams and math and grad pictures and everything. :( I apologise for my lack of posting and hope everyone will forgive me until my next post.
Now on to my weekend. On Saturday was my dad's 50th birthday! We planned this huge surprise party for him. It was the church. Everyone from the church was invited, and so were people like Henk, Brion and Brynne. It was pretty sweet. So all day we just layed around and I did homework all day and then we snuck off to the church to decorate. We made this huge banner that said "Happy 50th Owen" and we got everyone to write stuff on it. Dad seriously had no idea. He loves birthdays, so it was totally hard to watch him mope all day. We came home and he was all dressed up and ready to go, but then we just ate leftovers and watched the news. It was so sad! Then Jordan and Kristin and I said we were gonan go rent a movie, but went to the church to set up all the food. There was so much! People started arriving around quarter to six. Lots of people arrived and then around 7:15 mom and dad walked in. Everyone screamed and yelled "Surprise!" and dad was just beaming away! It was totally cool! Then we all mingled and talked and over 50 people were there and we presented the cake and Irwin prayed for dad and we had cake and ice cream. It was totally sweet. Then later Kristin got Henk cake but Ashley and I inhaled it before he sat down. Then we did it again with the next piece. Henk was like, "I'm gonna cry" and so was I because my stomach freaking hurt from all that! Then Pat and Ralph came and we all screamed. It was very cool. I didn't sleep until like 2:00 am and then we went to church the next morning. I was needless to say exhaustified!
It was totally wicked awesome and dad totally deserved it. He's the best! :) Then I did LA all day yesterday and math all night last night and that's what I'm off to do right now! Toodles!

2 comments:

cassie trumbley said...

i miss you so obscenely. aren't you tres proud of my new link skills on my blog?? all without the help of you and brynne i might add, since i've been nagging you about for like a month!! i stayed up till like 3 last night reformatting my template. i'm quite pleased with it.

cassie trumbley said...

did you listen to orange sky?/ isnt it amazing?