Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Canadian Idol - Week 6

After missing last week’s performances, I was thrilled to see my first live show because I’M DONE WORK, SUCKERS! Ha! Anyhoo, I finally got to watch it at 7:00, so that was nice.
Yay! Props to CI for bringing us the Guess Who week! So Zack started off the evening by playing guitar, which was entertaining, I guess. Really he just couldn’t stand being outdone by Josh last week. Anyways, Ben Mulroney is HOT! Holy crap! Sass’ shirt is appalling, not even a young girl should wear that, let alone Sass Jordan. I love Rex and his awesome accent. What an adorable boy.
He started the show singing “No Sugar Tonight”. Rex is so cute, I totally enjoyed it! He looked beautiful! And he was hurt, but he still sang amazingly and I loved it. Casey was almost overpowered by my father singing along, but from what I heard she was good! She looked amazing! And she sounded like the old Casey that I got to love, so I’m glad she’s back! Suzie tried to spin her way out of another boring performance. She sang a good song, but once again in the exact same style she always does. And mostly all she did was stomp around…meh I think she’ll be in the bottom. Melissa was DULL, and every line of the song ended in “eeee” which got really annoying, especially because it was sung on a flat awful note. She was B-A-D BAD and I agree with Zack finally, that her outfit etc was awful. Yikes! Okay, Aaron rocks! He just had to sing “These Eyes” it was so perfect for him and he did a really good, relatively un-cheesey performance. He deserved the standing O that Farley gave him. I was happy.
So…the bottom three is: Suzie, Melissa, and Rex (although I really hope Rex is safe) and MELISSA GOES. Because she is the only logical person to go! If she doesn't, I give up.

2 comments:

Brynne said...

Yay, I actually watched today, so I can comment! I heart Rex!! I want him to win. I'm not a huge Casey fan...she was pretty good. One point in Suzi's favor, when she sang "I've gotta go" she actually sang the word go, instead of crapping out like lenny kravitz does...it bugs me that you can use other people's versions of the songs...it's just not the Guess Who if it's the lenny version. Anyways, back on topic. I think that Melissa sounded too jazzy, and lounge-singer-y.(and puffy cap sleeves are no-nos on bigger arms). I thought that Aaron was too weak and whiney at the start, but by the halfway point, he sounded alot more comfortable with it, and he was awesome. There's my two cents.

jannafaye said...

Thanks for coming out, Brynne! :)