Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I Heart VBS

Okay, so this week is VBS, and I am crazy busy, going to the church to prepare in the am, VBS from 1:00 - 3:30, and then working from 4:00 - 8:00. Crazy. But seriously, one hug from an adorable child makes it all worth it. I love those kids. This one kid, named Cory, looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid, just sweet and innocent. And these kids are SMART. They are so much fun, and maybe I'm jynxing myself by saying this on day 2, but they're pretty well behaved. I love it, and this is the first year that I've taught VBS where I feel like I'm doing it right, like I feel that God is giving me the right words to say to these kids. Its making me crazy excited to go to Africa and embrace and love and witness to beautiful African children. I am SO pumped, because this year's VBS is giving me all this experience. I actually might cry on the last day, I'm so thankful for all these kids and their willingness to learn about God. VBS is an amazing experience that I won't forget. Plus I get to do it with Curtis, and hanging out has been so much fun, with too many laughs to count (spitting ice cream, Mr. Doolots, juice powder, glittery signs, Chinese Codie, silly kid jokes), staying up way to late to get ready, He's just the best, and we could not do it without Kate. Thank God for Kate, our extra hand and voice of reason. AH it just rocks I am having so much fun! Thats pretty much it. :)

1 comment:

cassie trumbley said...

its so stupid, i just read your comment on my blog and that dumb quiz you sent me, and i just got my pictures developed from your grad and you're just so cute, i got all janna-ful and sad and i miss you. i love you