Saturday, July 15, 2006

Au Revoir, Kevin


It is with great sadness that I report the latest BSB news - Kevin Richardson has quit the band. I think its best to hear it in his own words:
"After 13 years of what can only be described as a dream come true, I have decided that it is time to leave the Backstreet Boys. It was a very tough decision for me but one that was necessary in order to move on with the next chapter of my life. Howard, Brian, Alex and Nick will always be my little brothers and have my utmost love and support. I would like to thank the Backstreet fans for all the beautiful memories we have shared together and look forward to including you in the next phase of my life. I wish my brothers continued success and look forward to their new album.”
Well I think that stinks. Why are they even continuing? I can totally see why he quit though, I mean the man is 34 and probably doesn't want to be called a 'boy' anymore, but still. Oh well, Brian was always my favorite one anyway. Apparently lots of fans are angry about it - I must say I'm glad I got the BSB obsession out of the way in grade 8. Otherwise I would be traumatized.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got that obsession out of the way, eh? Hmmmmm . . . :)

Jadis said...

I knew about him leaving about a week ago and thought, hm, that's so weird and yes, years ago, I would have been traumatized too. At least it was him and not AJ, Nick or Brian, the only ones that actally contribute and one more thing...he called AJ, Alex? Weird.

Big Mac mama said...

LOL Picture this scenario taking place in Grade 8. Would we all not have been positively crushed?! I mean, I agree with Al, at least it was just Kevin, but still..

Anonymous said...

Just Kevin! JUST KEVIN!!! *grumble grumble*

He totally contributes. And he's infinitely f'able.

Are you confusing him with Howie?

jannafaye said...

Ah, Kevin...
LOL Brynne remember that time we watched all those videos at your house? And watching that one BSB video - which one was it? That was fun.
"Nothing but panties in my pocket..."