Friday, July 07, 2006

Will I? by Ill Harmonics

Will I truly make for myself a name? Will I ever excel in this game? Will I ever really be who I be? A person, a Christian, musician, emcee? Will I ever truly be set apart from the world that controls all the sounds of my heart? Will I ever really make it without going pop? Am I truly sold out to God or hip-hop? Will I ever find the balance of the two in between? Am I whack cause I dig Rage Against the Machine? Will I make it to the point where I can be me? Will heads like me if I'm dissed by a dope emcee? Will I love, will I fly, will I rapture, will I die? Am I dumb, am I numb, cause the apple of my eye is the sound of the found, do I search for a pound? Am I down if dat ain't found when turned around? Will I grow, learning to do better in my sessions? Am I whack if I break down and take guitar lessons? If I don't use metaphors, will rhymes be silly? Will they really? Will I truly make for myself a name? Will I ever excel in this game? Will I ever really be who I be? A person, a Christian, musician, emcee? Here I am askin' all the questions of life. Do I love her enough to really make her my wife? Will I ever fall just one too many times that I lose all my skill, thus affecting my rhymes? Will my actions ever match up to my rap? Will I make one hit and then fall off the map? Am I not a good enough emcee for my God? Cause my rhymes ain't the best but I still try hard. Will I be looked on as the opposite of good? Cause a middle class white-kid don't come from the hood. And the ghetto, I ain't really that familiar with. Should I throw in my mic and towel just to quit? If I changed one decision with one human being would I still be practicing this art of emcee'n'? Am I a musician if I play the MPC? Not really. Will I truly make for myself a name? Will I ever excel in this game? Will I ever really be who I be? A person, a Christian, musician, emcee? Will I reach the full potential of my plan? If I turn around is there two prints in the sand? If I lost a battle rap would I still have fans left? To sing and play guitar, do I gotta be Clef? Am I doubtin' His word if I stop to think? Will my pen one day just stop producin' ink? Will I think of rhymes just to one day stop? Is a head a head if he likes more than hip-hop? Will I?
This song is by Ill Harmonics, this white rapper I saw at Sunshine Fest in 2001. He was awesome! Download this song, its sweet and funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good memories of this guy!