Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Disgusted

Ok, so yesterday I went to Brandon with Brynne and Henk. We saw "Over the Hedge" which was somehow funnier the second time. Man I love that movie! It was a fun day, hanging out and not being scared by Henk driving. Then we went to Wal-Mart and I got the new Billy Talent CD (totally good!). It was only $12 too, so that was sweet. And I got this killer t-shirt - this part is the part that offends me.
Definitely picked it out of the plus-size section. Now I'm not really upset that I bought something 'plus' sized, I'm mostly irritated that a shirt that size would be considered 'extra' large. Its not even large at all! What is up with society? No wonder girls feel fat and hideous most of the time, if a normal sized shirt is considered extra large!
And on ET they were counting down the favorite 'all-American' in celebrities, and number one was definitely Jennifer Aniston. I am SICK of her! Sick of reading about her, hearing about her, seeing her stupid face in magazines, just SICK of HER. What has she done, with all her money and fame? Complained, played a victim. What about helping real victims, Jen? What about all those kids dying of AIDS and starving b/c they have no parents? Those kids without shoes, living on gang-ridden streets? What about those kids in Kliptown, the ones who have nothing yet possess everything? Look around you, North America, there is more to life than what Jennifer Aniston said about Angelina Jolie or what she wore yesterday. That sickens me more than anything.

5 comments:

Brynne said...

In totally get what you mean about 'plus' sizing. Total bull. I mean, I think I'm pretty skinny. Not like, Ashley skinny, but not that big. But I can't even look at mediums at Bluenotes, or Stitches or places. If they don't have a large, I just have to put that shirt out of my head, cause it won't fit me. The world sucks. I think they should make like fruit of the loom and size shirts according to bust size.

Anonymous said...

Ok I somewhat agree with the Jennifer Aniston thing but I don't think we have done any better. To a starving boy in Kliptown, Jennifer Aniston and Terrell Wiebe are probably on the same wealth level, the one that's far above him. And I can't recall me doing any more for those children than her.

jannafaye said...

Yay Brynne! Someone finally understood that my post was about the shirt. Seriously, everyone is like FREAKING OUT about the Jennifer Aniston comment, heaven forbid I ever insult her again. Seriously! I didn't mean what most people think I meant, I'm not saying I'm a saint for going to Africa and she's evil for being famous, I just was saying that America's obsession with her makes me ill when there are more pressing issues at hand, in my opinion. I apologise everyone, I'll keep it to myself next time (look at the comments on my lj! ridic!). And yeah, thats about it.

Brynne said...

Wow, everyone totally freaked out about the J-Aniston comments. That's stupid. I get my daily dose of celebrity from PinkistheNewBlog, and that's it.

Although, in part, the celebrities bit can be connected to the shirt part of the post. Because it is totally mostly the media's fault that beauty is associated with being thin and ripped. I am still beautiful even though I don't wear a size 4.

jannafaye said...

Me too! Whoo whoo! Power to individuality!