Monday, December 04, 2006

Exploited

Has anyone heard the new Gwen Stefani song? I mean first she takes "If I Were A Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof and now she uses "The Lowly Goatherd" from the Sound of Music.
IS NOTHING SACRED?!?!?
I mean what will she sample next? "I'd Do Anything" from Oliver! ? "If I Only Had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz? Perhaps she'll use something from Hello Dolly, or Jesus Christ Superstar. People, I will not be surprised. So watch out, your favorite musical may be exploited soon!

2 comments:

Brynne said...

I've heard it. I would have told you all about it, except the memory was so painful that I repressed it.

At least "If I Was a Rich Girl" worked, and was cool. I think that her new one just sounds stupid.

Have you seen the video? It's even worse. She and her Harajuku girls are wearing matching (nasty) blonde wigs.

Big Mac mama said...

And dancing like retarded puppets! THANK YOU I saw the music video and thought the exact same thing, but I was racking my brain because I couldn't remember the first song she stole.

When did Gwen yodeling become a good idea for a song? Can't she come up with something original? That's why people hire songwriters. Comon Gwen, just this once, be like everybody else. Stop ripping off good movies.