Sunday, December 31, 2006

Oh How the Years Go By

Who's pumped for 2007? Thats right its me baby! Ready to ring in the new year with two of my close friends and my darling parents. And a lot of food! New Year's is never really a super huge party anymore, but its still fun. Plus there's punch (eh Brynne?)!
Hmm...2006. What a big year for me! Went to Africa, held babies and orphans, tried to make a difference, swam with sharks, got attacked by b a b o o n s, swam in the ocean, hiked mountains, made new friends, g r e w in God, fell in love, chose a career, worked for 4 months, gained and lost a bunch of weight, got bangs, studied, cried, worshipped, d a n c e d, counselled, prayed, laughed a lot, and had a love/dislike relationship with life.
Overall a pretty good year, I'd say.
This past year has brought me so much and I am so thankful to have had it; I can only look forward to and feel ready to embrace what the coming year will bring. If its anything like this past year then I know at least one thing to be true - it is in God's hands, and I trust Him to continue to lead me along as He has thus far.

2 comments:

Brynne said...

That's right. It's all about the punch.

Jadis said...

I'm so psyched for 2007 also! We have no clue what will happen for us and isn't that excititng? I'm so stoked. I've planned a few major things for the year I'd like to accomplish and am so psyched about doing them. I love you Jan and miss you like crazy! Hopefully we'll be able to see eachother this year!