Sunday, December 24, 2006

Its Christmas Eve!

Today has been quite the day! First, there was church and it was a great service. It was a Christmas/Baptismal service. I definitly cried, Pastor baptised his son and they were both crying when he dunked him. Actually each of the three people that got baptised were crying, so that was nice because it showed that it meant so much to them. It was very happy and emotional. Plus a lot of people were home for Christmas so we got to see a whole bunch of people that I haven't seen in like a year.
Then we had lunch, read the Christmas story from Luke, sang "Joy to the World" and opened presents. I got some sweet stuff! I got Amanda Falk's CD, the movie Cars from Jordan, some sweet action socks, guitar strings, a Newsboys devotional book, Philip Yancy's new book about prayer, some scrapbooking stuff complete with some sweet action albums (so now I need to print pictures and get started on my OT albums) and last but not least, a knitted black toque from my sister - with a brim!! Oh baby!!!! What I have wanted for a long time and everyone says they will mock me for wearing it, but just you wait CMU, I will be wearing it when I get back! Ha ha! Putting it on ruined my hair though...
Anyhoo tonight is supper at Baba's (bring on the nylyshynky!) and fun family times ensuing after that. And tomorrow is Christmas day at Baba's, where more presents wait (which is absurd! I have already gotten so much). I am excited to see my aunt and uncle and eat too much!
Mostly though, people, I feel really excited about Jesus this Christmas, about the 'glorious impossible' that came to earth to die for all my sins and faults. Praise God, eh? I mean we are so undeserving, but He loves us all the same. Thats pretty sweet.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: