Sunday, December 17, 2006

Home Again, Home Again!

So I am now home! After a bio exam and the longest, frightening and most snow-filled drive home, I am back in the Strath Dot. Kristin and I ate and then headed to the church Christmas Concert, which was hilarious! Between Mike knocking down the nativity, Luke the shepard joining the angels and Mary and Joseph sprinting to Bethlehem, I laughed until I was sore. It was nice to sit back at watch the concert for once and not be in it.
I can honestly say that I was welcomed home with open arms. I think I got a hug from over half of the congregation and then some! So many people told me I looked good and my great aunt (Baba's sister) commented on how much weight I had lost, even encouraging me to eat more dainties and expressed concern that she could feel the bones in my fingers. LOL! It was funny and so nice to feel so loved.
After the concert I watched the Gaither Homecoming in South Africa video with my family - AMAZING. I loved it SO MUCH! SO many good songs and funny moments. I had chills like the whole time, so many moving songs (especially the Iaacs singing "Blessed Assurance"). PLUS!!!! They went to the school we went to and delivered shoe boxes! The one in Soweto that we painted and sang at! It was incredible to behold.
Today I slept in and hung out with the fam. I even ventured to SL to see Baba. I forgot how much I miss driving! Baba gave me a pretty bracelet and fed me too much. Tonight has been pretty chill - watched Montreal kill Pitsburg 6-3 (what a final 30 seconds!) and watched some AFV with the whole fam, including Jordan! I laughed too much and feel ill. Well soon I'll head off to bed so I can function at church tomorrow. Love to all!
AH! HENK CAME HOME TONIGHT! I will probably see him...tomorrow...

4 comments:

Brynne said...

Ah, it sounds like so much fun to be home!
It sucks that your drive was snowy/scary.

I love Mike!

And Henk!

And I miss you already. Now I know how you felt when Caryn left.

I'm so excited for a repeat of last year's snow adventure. But this year, I'm bringing snow pants, and boots.

Big Mac mama said...

Home again, home again, jiggity jig. Isn't it wonderful to be surrounded by family?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back safe. I can't wait to see the Gaither Homecoming!!! I can't believe the school was in it, so cool!! I thought Jordan wasn't home until the 23rd??? And finally I am proud of you for watching the Montreal game, I unfortunatley could not.

Jadis said...

I'm glad you got home safe too, my dear. And I'm sending out a Christmas parcel to you today...I'm also sending Sarah'a with it; hopefully you can give it to her; because I didn't get her address in time. I love you!