Friday, July 11, 2008

Cambodia?

I had this crazy dream last night…I honestly don’t know what is up with my dreams lately. Anyways, something really bad had just happened in Cambodia (yes, now I’m dreaming about Cambodia, oy). There was this guy, I think he was a new face in politics, a young guy, representing change for the country. At his wedding, these terrorists showed up and killed his entire family, his bride, and the whole wedding party. I saw it happen, it was horrible because he looked away for one second and he looked back just in time to see his bride beheaded. It was horrific.

They left him alive, and I think he came to Canada/the US for refuge. I don’t know, something like that. Then this horrific thing happened in Cambodia. The terrorists set off a bomb that was of ridiculous magnitudes and it basically blew up the entire country, killing 22.5 million people. I just looked it up and Cambodia has a population of 13 mil, so my dream was getting a little carried away.

Anyways! So I think everyone blamed this leader who fled the country, and they were looking for him, and for some reason Canada was in complete disarray. People were so scared and it was utter chaos. Like we were torn apart, and it was a scary place to be. Terrell and I were searching for people we knew, and we avoided eye contact with almost everyone we met because it was dangerous. We were trying to get to the university (I don’t know which one, it was not CMU) and everywhere people were fighting and beating the crap out of each other over race and culture. The streets were a mess, it looked like a slum in a third world country and was probably less safe.

After a hair-raising trip we made it, but there was no one there. There were papers and books everywhere, torn to pieces, dirty, broken windows. I was so scared but Terrell seemed relatively unphased. So we were wandering around the darkened university looking for people but hoping not to run into anyone at the same time. Very weird and scary and depressing. I woke up feeling pretty depressed about the whole thing and only wish the very best on the people of Cambodia.

No comments: