Saturday, July 26, 2008

day twenty-five.

It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me. And I’m feeling good.

- Michael Bublé, Feeling Good (Caught in the Act)

After talking about CMU for a long time at supper tonight, I must say that I am really grateful that I am planning on graduating in 3 years with my three-year degree without taking a full course-load. So good. I feel very blessed that it has worked out for me to do the university thing successfully without stressing myself out beyond what I could handle (although there have been times where I was stressed to the max and I’m sure those times will come again). I look forward to (hopefully) having another successful year!

I want this next school year to go really well. I want to have fun and enjoy it but also work hard and be successful academically and on student council. I also hope that my rooming situation goes smoothly and that my room and floor is a fun but productive and peaceful place to be. Oh man talking about this is getting me excited about it! I want to put all this stuff in God’s hands and have Him take the lead on it.

We were at this crazy Italian restaurant in Windsor tonight and the soup of the day was cream of potato. It was full of dill and smelled like Baba’s house! Also, I told the story of Tyler’s purple pants at The Dark Knight and Nonie was laughing so hard that the waiter asked her what was going on and she said, “Have you seen The Dark Knight? Well, it’s really not that funny,” and then burst out laughing again. Oh, good times.

At work there was a BBQ today and I sat with all the pregnant women from my unit and they are all quite funny. One of the women, Darcey, was telling a story that she swore during. She immediately turned to me and was like, oh dear I am so sorry I really shouldn’t say those words in front of you! And I laughed. I love that the women I work with are always concerned about offending me, especially because I have never commented on their language at all. She made me happy.

ALSO: Our waiter tonight was very funny. An Irish boy working at an Italian restaurant telling us things that made him seem incredibly nerdy, like his favorite werewolf movie and how he buys graphic novels and how The Dark Knight shouldn’t be named what it is because it doesn’t ring true to the graphic novel. Hoo boy, he was nerdy but open with us and I appreciate him for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Again a honesty a possessions post. Thank your also pen-friend

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.