Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm sorry, but...

Can I just stop for a moment and say how OUTRAGED I am that CTV bought the Hockey Night in Canada theme??

I AM OUTRAGED!!!

The more I think about it the more I fume! Today Danaka has been listening to some of the options for the new theme, and it’s all CRAP. Not that they all suck, but this whole thing is crap. As IF we are looking for a new theme, I honestly couldn’t hear any of them being played with the logo spinning in the background.

That theme was EPIC. It was Canada’s second national anthem.

And just like that, CTV steals it away.

WHY CTV? Why???

Why are you taking away a piece of Canada’s history, a part of our identity and pride?

I just needed to get that out. It really bothers me.

…I mean who didn’t play that song in band?

Sigh.

2 comments:

Jadis said...

I did not hear that until now! That is so gay like hay! (Thrown in there for you, Jan). That is something famous to the game of hockey in Canada...it's important. That is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.

Brynne said...

It makes me want to swear a blue streak and slap somebody.

I saw an ad on TV tonight that's all like "Write the new theme and get $10 000!"

There's nothing wrong with the old one dammit!

Everybody knows that song.

We kicked some serious ass playing it in band. (Yeeeeaaaah Mike on bari sax!)