Sunday, July 06, 2008

day five.

Sing…sing a song

Stop and stare, I think I’m moving but I’m going nowhere.

- OneRepublic, Stop and Stare (Dreaming Out Loud)

Stop right now, thank you very much...

I am oh so grateful for sleep and its healing powers. I had such a migraine when I went to bed last night I thought I was going to throw up. I could hardly function, I just fell into bed. But I felt so good this morning when I woke up – ready to eat and actually function and have a day. I am also so grateful for my amazing experience in Africa. All day, with the heat, seeing many Africans today and eating supper at an Ethiopian restaurant has had me under the delusion that I am in Africa again. I had to keep telling myself today, you’re in Canada. It made me miss it there, and holy crap I am so grateful for that experience. I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world and I am excited to hopefully return some day.

I want you to want me…

I want the next week to fly so we can go to Waterloo to see Ryan and Alecia on the weekend! I want my sunburned scalp to not peel. I want to wake up tomorrow feeling even better than I do today. I want my family to have fun and great weekend, and I want to watch Get Smart with them!

You make me so very happy

Watching the blind runners today at the Canadian Olympic Trials for track and field was so cool. It was an amazing and inspiring thing to watch. There were these Paralympic athletes and they were attached to a guide runner by a bracelet that connected their wrists. They ran simultaneously, stride for stride. And they RAN, like they we just giving it down the track. It was really quite beautiful to watch. I can’t imagine running blind. Imagine the trust that goes into that! I guess in some ways life is like that, running blind with all your might, completely trusting your Guide to direct you and make sure you don’t fall before you cross the finish line. And if you do fall, your guide is there to pick you up and keep running.

I love you I love you I love you I love you…

I love my mommy! There is no one quite like her. It’s actually really hard to put to words what my mom means to me and is to me. I love how much closer we have gotten over the past few years, as I’ve grown up and we have so much more to talk about. I feel like I am at this really great age to learn from her, and I want to learn all I can. I feel like she has so much to teach me about being a woman. I can learn so much from her because she has shown me what it looks like to be an amazing woman of God, wife, mother, colleague, church leader, teacher and friend. I love how we can talk about anything from school to friendships to faith to love to So You Think You Can Dance. She edits all my essays and has patience coming out the wazoo. She never gets mad at me even though I am really horrible with keeping in touch. Plus she lets me make fun of her all the time (“IS it?!”) and is one of the funniest people on the planet. And above all I know she loves me, all the time, no matter what. Her support means the world to me. I miss watching SYTYCD with her. Its really not the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you, too, and I miss you like crazy. I'm so happy for you: to get to do this for the summer, to be happy and to have awesome experiences, to get to know Terrell's family better, to make new friends, to find God ever faithful no matter where you are.

Mom :)