Thursday, July 10, 2008

day nine.

Lyricalness:

I tried to be perfect, tried to be honest, tried to be everything that you ever wanted. I tried to be smarter, tried to be stronger, tried to be everything but you.

- Hawk Nelson, Everything You Ever Wanted (Smile, It’s the End of the World)

Gratefulness:

I was really, really happy to have chicken for supper. I was very happy that it was a nice enough day that we could eat outside. I am really grateful for my family, that I didn’t grow up in some hideous foster home or group home. Reading White Oleander has made me very grateful for the life I’ve had, especially because I now see just how quickly everything you ever knew can deteriorate. It also made me realize just how selfless my parents are – every adult in this book is so selfish I can’t even stand it! Their selfish desires ruined this girl’s life, and she’s tainted by her environment, her role models. Ugh. I am just so very grateful for my amazing parents and family.

Wantingness:

I really just wanted to chillax and watch a great episode of SYTYCD, and I did! It was SO AMAZING, the best dance of the night was my favorite couple, Joshua and Katee, dancing a “Bollywood” number. Baliwood? Anyways, I didn’t know that was a genre of dance, I always thought it was the Indian version of Hollywood. Anyhoo, it was just brilliant and that was all I wanted. To watch and be happy.

Happiness:

I think the happiest moment of my day was actually the Bollywood dance (I’ve decided on that spelling). It was so celebrational, so full of life. It reminded me of so many styles blended into one (hip hop, African, jazz, contemporary, even Ukranian!) I just loved it and it was such an exciting moment and cultural, I loved it.

Loveliness:

Ben Winter makes me laugh! I do enjoy that kid. I tease him, he teases me, its all good! He is so easy going and chill, its great. Today he showed up at volleyball in blue shorts and a (different shade of) blue shirt. He then proceeded to sit in a blue lawn chair, and later he pulled out a BLUE NALGENE. It was blue overload. I told him I was going to tell his girlfriend that he’s so blue when she’s away. Ha ha, I’m funny. I have never had an exchange with Ben that hasn’t been anything but pleasant, and I like that. He’s a great kid.

No comments: