Sunday, July 13, 2008

day twelve.

1. I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me speaking words of wisdom – let it be.

- Carol Woods, Let It Be (Across the Universe Soundtrack)

2. I am grateful for friends! I feel like these are people who bring out the best in each other and I feel like when we’re together we bring out the best in one another. Its so nice to talk to people without gossiping, with people who also love God and are trying hard to figure out what that means. I don’t know, its just really refreshing to make new friends with new people who are really GOOD people, and not in an annoying or unrealistic way.

3. I want this weekend to not end, I am rather liking it. I also have been thinking about friendships since I got to Leamington this summer. I don’t know, I really think God wants me to shape up in the friendship department. I mean I think that in some of my relationships we really bring out the bad parts of each other more than good. I also really disagree with a lot of aspects of my friends’ lifestyles. It doesn’t mean I dislike them or think I’m better than them, but I disagree with it and so I don’t want to be involved in that. And in some cases it takes up a lot of their time, whether it’s gossiping or moping or drinking, I don’t want to be involved really. So it makes it difficult to spend time with them, because I don’t want to offend them but I don’t want to be around that either. Being here and meeting some of the people I met makes me see what friendships can be like. I don’t want people to think I dislike them or anything, but I really am having my eyes opened to what it could be like to have a meaningful adult friendship with someone. So I guess I want direction as to where to go from here.

4. So many happy moments…playing bingo with old people, running through the pouring rain to the farmer’s market and getting absolutely soaked, watching Star Wars, playing Mario Kart with Terrell on a team, SEEING ALYSHA WOOLNER, talking way too late into the night with Alecia.

5. I love Alysha Woolner!! She is the most hilariously awkward person ever. She is so gorgeous, ALL THE TIME and is so funny and amazing and fun to be with. She flirts with me, asks weird questions, and makes passes at my boyfriend when he’s not paying attention. To top it all off, she tried to violate me in the most horrific way which made us all laugh until we cried. Oh Alysha, I miss you when we are apart. And I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i actually love your writing choice, very interesting.
don't give up and also keep posting for the simple reason that it just simply truly worth to read it.
looking forward to find out far more of your stories, have a good one :)