Monday, July 21, 2008

day twenty.

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing, Roman Cavalry choirs are singing. Be my mirror, my sword, and shield, my missionaries in a foreign field. For some reason I can't explain I know Saint Peter will call my name. Never an honest word, but that was when I ruled the world.

- Coldplay, Viva la Vida (Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends)

I am so grateful for normalcy, for normalness, for being comfortable. Today after the young adults BBQ we were all doing different things, Terrell was downstairs on the computer, Bruce was watching TV, Nonie was outside reading on the deck, I was sitting in the front room reading/napping. It just felt so normal. I like that when I’m at their house it doesn’t feel like I have to be hanging out with someone at all times or doing everything they do. I mean we do hang out together often, but I am grateful that’s its not weird or awkward when we don’t.

I want to sleep until the END of TIME. I cannot seem to get untired. It’s very weird. I had a nap this afternoon, I slept in this morning, I am going to bed early. I just feel pooped 24/7 it seems, so I basically just want to sleep. I feel like I’ve slept the weekend away already and could continue to sleep through the week. Ha ha.

Sitting on Terrell’s deck helping him play a Lord of The Rings board game by himself. He tried to play by himself but couldn’t because he had to read cards and answer questions but the answers were bolded. So I just read the questions for him, fumbling through pronunciation of names like Eorn and I don’t even know what else and learning things that no one should possibly know about LOTR. But it was fun. I was very happy. But hot: HOTTEST DAY EVER.

Every time I watch a Corner Gas episode I think about my brother. I can’t help it; Brent reminds me so much of Jordan it’s ridic! It’s because he’s kind of like a big child, quite unobservant and his humor is just so similar to him that I laugh. The faces he pulls are the same too. I love how Jordan cranks his head in the most unnatural way while telling stories, how he is so full or random facts it’s unbelievable. I love how he is probably the least athletic person in the family but probably the most flexible (how does he twist himself into the pretzels he sits in?). He is my favorite person to watch a Bryce Family Classic movie with, for three reasons. 1) He makes a massive bowl of popcorn with the perfect amount of (lots of) butter. 2) He has all funny scenes memorized. And 3) he laughs the hardest out of us all, and how can I not laugh when he’s on the floor biting a pillow because he can’t handle it?

1 comment:

Jadis said...

Oh Jordan! How is he doing? Still in Brandon?