Tuesday, July 22, 2008

day twenty-one.

The mention of God makes me strange, the battle of words, and the wars we wage…sometimes I feel, my blood runs cold, and the conscious stain, won’t wash away. Tell me what are we waiting for?

- Crash Parallel, World We Know (Album Unknown)

I don’t really know what I’m grateful for today. Not that I’m being all emo and depressed but nothing is really jumping out at me. I guess that’s why I do this everyday, to find these little things in each day. Hmm...I guess I am grateful for prayer, that I love a God who wants to TALK to me, and LISTEN to me, even when I feel like I have nothing important or eloquent to say. I am so thankful to have people I my life who say, “I’ll pray for you” because I know some people feel like no ones cares enough to do that for them and I know how cared about that makes me feel to have someone pray for me.

I don’t know what I want either. Its weird, maybe I’m just having a weird day. I guess I’ve been thinking about the dark place I was in second semester at school, and I never want to go there again. I want to feel strong enough to fight it and never go there again. I hated that. Depression is a scary thing…sometimes I see little glimpses of it trying to rear its ugly head again and that frightens me. Like this past 3 days I have been fine and all but I feel an underlying feeling of anger at nothing and no one in particular. And that’s how it started last time – angry at nothing and sad at nothing and then one big pit of angry sadness all the time. I have been praying about it, and God is good. Don’t worry about me, I didn’t write this so everyone would be like, “aah! Are you okay?” Ha ha, it’s probably just PMS. Like actually.

Tonight at baseball when someone on Terrell’s team got a grand slam and we actually won!! It was really exciting and everyone was cheering like crazy. And then one of the girls watching was reminiscing about the school we were at, as it was her elementary school. She said fondly, “Oh, Gore Hill.” And everyone thought she said to the first base ump, “Oh, go to hell.” Pretty funny. I laughed about that for a while.

Hendrik von Lichtenstien wrote me a letter recently and it made me oh so happy. It was so good to hear from him. He always seems positive no matter what – even when stuff is kinda crappy he still looks for the positives and that’s sweet. I miss him, as if he and I are swapping Manitoba for Ontario and vice versa on the same day! That is sad. I can’t believe I won’t see him until Christmas, it’s a little ridic. When I do see him he is receiving a very large hug. I love that Henk goes golfing with my dad, I love that he will play scrabble with my parents even if I’m not home. I am so glad the military didn’t take away his clumsiness. Its bad enough they took Henk away and turned him into a man so his brother had to become Henk, because a Henk-free world is a sad place.

No comments: